Although you hate to admit it, your once radiant smile is now noticeably flawed with several missing teeth in a row. Even though these are in the back, you can still observe the gap in your original dentitions, and it’s becoming more and more difficult to chew food properly on the one side of your mouth. You want to get this addressed, but you’re young – a partial denture just doesn’t seem right for you. But luckily, when you visit the team at Kobza Dental, they teach you all about another restorative option that’s a better fit – a crown and bridge in Falls City.
What Is A Crown And Bridge?
A crown and bridge is a term for a dental restoration that combines dental crowns on your existing healthy teeth as anchors for the artificial teeth in between them, which are referred to as pontics, to create a fixed dental bridge. Since we can use as many pontics as needed, this is a great solution for one, two, or several missing teeth in a row. To have this restoration placed, Dr. J. Travis Kobza will prepare your natural teeth for the crowns, and then permanently bond your fixed dental bridge in place. And that’s it – you’ll be ready to show off your upgraded smile in no time!
How Do I Care For A Crown And Bridge?
One of the great things about fixed dental bridges is that they can be cared for just like your original teeth. You’ll brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste just like you normally would, and floss between your teeth and the pontic(s), making sure that the area is clean and free of debris. Caring for your restoration will be easy with this option.
Am I A Good Candidate For A Crown And Bridge?
As with any dental procedure, we need to make sure you’re a good candidate for this option to make sure you receive the best treatment and resolution possible. A crown and bridge might be right for you if:
- You are in generally good health.
- You’re committed to a top-notch oral hygiene routine at home.
- You have two strong teeth to act as the anchor for your fixed dental bridge.
- Your tooth roots on these surrounding teeth are stable and secure.
Why Are Crown And Bridge Combos A Superior Solution?
Dr. Kobza knows that this restorative dentistry option is superior to other solutions for a few key reasons, including:
- A crown and bridge is stationary and secure, so it won’t wiggle when you speak or chew.
- Since your crown and bridge stays in place, you won’t have to put your smile in a cup at night.
- Generally, this service is covered under insurance – give us a call to verify your benefits at (402) 245-2243.
Now that you know the details about a crown and bridge, schedule your appointment with Kobza Dental – we’ll help restore your smile to its former glory!